18 Alternative Uses For Olive Oil
Olive oil is commonly used in cooking, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and soaps AND as a fuel for traditional oil lamps. But most people at home use this versatile oil only for its main and most common purpose, which is for cooking. Here are 18 alternative uses for olive oil on the skin, hair, and around the home.
1.Moisturize - apply oil on hands and feet and sleep with socks and gloves on.
2.Exfoliating sugar scrub – combine oil with sugar and use as a scrub on your arms and legs in the shower.
3.Makeup Remover – dab on to a cotton ball to remove eye makeup (and moisturize at the same time!)
4.Soothe a sunburn – olive oil is soothing to the skin and keeps it moisturized.
5.Cuticles – moisturize dry cuticles with a drop of oil on each finger.
6.Diaper rash – natural and healthy, gently wipe the oil on your babys bottom to help with irritation.
7. Oil Hair – massage a few drops of oil into the scalp and comb through, let the oil sit for about an hour and then shampoo.
8. Calm frizzy hair – just like morrocan oil, olive oil can tame those frizzies and condition the ends of your hair
9. Shave leg hair- this is great for sensitive skin as there are no harsh chemical, it is a natural lubricant and will leave your skin soft and smooth
10. Detangle Hair – again oil is a natural lubricant so applying a few drops to your ends will help the comb slide right through.
11. Repair damaged hair – the olive oil will condition and coat, leaving hair looking shiny and smooth.
AROUND THE HOUSE
12. Unstick a zipper
13. Quiet squeaky doors
14. Revitalize wood furniture – use like you would any furniture polish
15. Shine stainless steel
16. Remove paint from skin
17. Polish your shoes
18. Easy cleanup of garden tools – wipe on before you start working in the garden and when you’re done the dirt will easily wipe away!
Check out the various Olive Oil related products on Stockn’Go.com!