5 Quick, Easy Ways to Pamper Yourself
This post is brought to you by blogger Rebecca Fyfe of Mommies of More. Rebecca is an author, blogger, and busy mother to 7 children.
As women, our lives are full of responsibilities, whether work-related or family and child-related. Our time is often spent on taking care of others and we don’t spend nearly enough time on ourselves. Sometimes we need to be reminded that our wants and our needs are just as important as everyone else’s; it is important to take a little time to pamper ourselves.
I can hear you now, telling me that you don’t have the time to pamper yourself, that you are too busy and cannot possibly take time out from your busy schedule to treat yourself with the tender loving care that you need. But taking the time to pamper yourself doesn’t have to mean taking time off from work or spending an inordinate amount of time at any one go. It means just taking ten minutes here and there throughout the day or the week to do something to make you feel better, to make you feel prettier and to help you feel more relaxed.
Here are five simple ways to pamper yourself that won’t take much time.
1. Take a few minutes each morning, when you step out of the shower, to lotion your skin. Pick a lotion that softens and moisturizes, and use a moisturizer with sun protection on your face. You’ll feel the difference such a simple act will make in how your skin feels and looks, and it can help to prevent premature aging and skin damage. Moisturizing your skin can help to minimize the harmful effects on your skin caused by stress and pollution.
2. Paint your fingernails and toenails. You don’t have to take the time and spend money on going for a professional manicure or pedicure. You can do your own quick manicure or pedicure at home by painting on a gloss nail polish or using a nail strengthener and spending a few minutes adding a coat of nail color to your nails. It is a simple thing to do that takes very little time and helps you to remind yourself that you are a beautiful person.
3. Take a bubble bath. At the end of the day, instead of a quick shower and then heading to bed, fill your bathtub with your favorite bath salts or bubble bath and soak in the soothing hot water. Let the heat of the water sooth your muscles and choose a relaxing scent such as lavender to help you relax your mind. Close your eyes and imagine the stress of your day floating away on the bubbles in the bath water.
4. Treat yourself to your favorite ice cream or other dessert. Sometimes it just feels good to indulge yourself a bit on something a bit decadent like some creamy fudge or a rich hot chocolate with whipped cream. Don’t think about the calories; just enjoy the moment and savor the taste.
5. Give yourself a mini make-over. Change your make-up routine. Try some lipstick in a different color than you normally wear. If you normally wear pastel shades, try bolder colors. Try a new color of eye liner or a new brand of mascara. Sometimes you can get into a rut with your make-up routine and changing things, even if just for a day, can help you feel better about yourself and help you to see yourself differently. It means really having to look at yourself and spend time working out what other styles look good on you.
Just spending a few minutes here and there throughout your busy life can mean the world when it comes to reminding yourself that your needs and desires are important. You need to take time to pamper yourself, and with just a moment taken out of your schedule once in a while, you can.