5 Spring Skin Care Tips
The Spring season has started. Along with the changing of seasons you need to change your skin care techniques. Dry skin is no fun and has been dealt with all Winter! It’s time to glamorize your skin with the help of Daily Sweet Dose I’ve put together five Spring skin care tips.
First some science: The circulation and perspiration of the skin is decreased by winter weather. The natural moisturizer of skin is removed by dry and harsh wind of winter. In winter, the skin becomes dry. The spring is the ideal time to hydrate and revitalize the skin.
1. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is very necessary for skin care as it gently and softly removes the layers of old dead skin which have accumulated during winter. Exfoliation stimulates the production of new skin cells and the circulation in the skin as well as revitalizes the dull complexion. Always use mild exfoliators that contain natural abrasives like fine oatmeal, tea tree bark, ground rice and pumice. You can do exfoliation every second or third day.
2. Toning: After exfoliating toning should be done as it assists to calm down the skin and reinstate the acid mantle to the skin. For toning you should use alcohol-based toners but you can use botanicals such as aloe vera or rosemary extracts witch hazel and apple cider vinegar. Botanicals have toning effects and they don’t dry the skin.
3. Moisturizing: Always apply moisturizer in spring season to replace the natural protective oily surface layer to the skin. Use it after cleansing and toning as well as after exposure to the sun, bathing or showering. Use light moisturizer as the weather is warm you sweat more and heavy moisturizers tend to clog the pores. So there is no need of heavy moisturizers that you required in the winter. You can use heavy moisturizers by mixing with plain or rose water. Premature skin aging and other types of skin damage are prevented by the use of moisturizer. According to Yahoo, after you finish bathing, take an absorbent towel and blot your skin dry. Rubbing your skin can cause irritation and inflammation after exfoliation.
4. Sunscreen: In spring season always apply sunscreen when you go outside to protect the skin. During daytime harmful UV rays are effective and may cause skin problems as well as other problems such as dark spots, premature aging and wrinkles. Daily, use sunscreen with minimum of SPF 15 before makeup. Sunscreen helps to moisturize the skin and refill the natural oils by making the skin healthy.
5. Stay Hydrated: Drink lots of water as hydration is the key to get a beautiful skin. In spring season there are chances of dehydration as the skin begin to sweat. To remain hydrated the body needs more water in spring season so always consume 8 to 10 glasses of water. To restore fluids in the body and get a glowing skin water is the most excellent way.
If you’re looking for even more of a glow check out our guide on how to get the most out of Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer. To pick up all the health and beauty products needed for the Spring skin care tips head over to Stock N’ Go. Let me know if you have any other ideas for keeping healthy skin during the changing seasons.
(Image courtesy of SheKnows)