Get Big Curls
Like big, loose curls? If your hair is shoulder length or longer, you can get those big, casual curls and waves. It’s an easy look to achieve in just a few simple steps. Big, soft, loose curls are summer’s hottest look. You’ll be sexy without looking like you fussed with your hair at all. Naturally soft, beautiful curls are always in.
• Wash hair with a moisturizing shampoo.
• Towel dry, and apply a styling gel made for heat styling. This kind of gel is made for use with thermal styling tools. Your hair won’t get stiff, and it won’t stick to curling irons, flat irons, etc. It also moisturizes your hair and keeps it from breaking.
• Blow dry hair with a round brush and hair dryer on low. Use a diffuser if you have one. As you dry, concentrate on styling hair away from face. You want to frame your face, not cover it up. When completely dry, wrap one inch sections around a large barrel curling iron. Again, curl back and away from face. Continue curling all the way around, until all hair is done. If the curls are tight, don’t worry.
• Next, loosen up the curls by gently pulling your fingers through your hair. Don’t comb it or brush it, you’ll destroy the curls. Shake your hair out, gently fluffing.
• To set your curls or waves, spritz on a light-hold hair spray or finishing spray. You don’t want stiff hair, you want soft, touchable curls.