How to Get Yourself Organized
What does it mean to be disorganized? Well according to Thesaurus.com the synonyms of disorganized are to be “all over the place, not properly planned, chaotic, cluttered, dislocated, disordered, messed up, messy, scattered, scrambled, sloppy, unarranged, unkempt, unsystematic, untidy” and the list goes on.
Hectic, cluttered, confused, not properly planned. Is that what you want to be? Most likely not. ”Getting Organized” is the #3 New Years Resolution for a reason. It can decrease stress levels, make you more efficient in personal and work life, and offer a happy and healthy environment overall. So where do you start? In the words of Jenny Craig “It’s not what you do once in a while; it’s what you do day in and day out that makes the difference.”
Everything should have its place – Bins, Bags and Boxes will become your best friend! As well as LABELS.
1. Keys, purse, coat, gloves, mail should all have a place (not thrown on the counter) as soon as you walk in the door.
2. Organize your cabinets and create labeled bins or designated drawers for things such as:
- medications, vitamins and supplements
- to go cups, coffee mugs and water bottles
- makeup, hair and nail products
- kids crayons, markers, crafts
- batteries, tape, tools, etc.
3. Make your bed as soon as you crawl out of it and pick up your room on your way out.
4. Wipe down the counters and do this dishes as soon as you are done cooking.
5. Stop hoarding – get rid of the stuff you don’t use its only causing clutter! At the beginning of every season your should go through your clothes and get rid of the ones you haven’t worn for years. You should go through your pantry and cabinets and get rid of the food that is collecting dust on your shelves or the junk food that isn’t doing you any favors by being in your house. Clean out the garage, if its junk then get rid of it.
6. Do you work from home? Check out these great ideas to organize your at home office space from Destination Design.
7. Lastly – store things where you need them.
- Bedding and sheets in a bin: under the bed
- Keys, coat hangers and kids bins: by the door
- Dust pan and broom: in bathroom, kitchen and anywhere there is a hard wood floor
- Cleaning supplies: under the kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Remote controls in a basket: by the TV
- Extra Blankets: under the beds or in a storage ottoman by the couch
Shop Stockn’Go.com today to get 20% off your first order of $25 or more!