St. Patricks Day – a different way to go Green
St. Patricks day is a day of celebrating Irish Heritage, eating, drinking and everything green. But how can you implement green into your St. Pattys day without having to wear it from head to toe? Here are a few ideas…
WEAR GREEN – but on a smaller scale
- Wear green socks, no one may see them… but at least you’ve got spirit!
- Wear fashionable green jewelry, just an accent piece can be subtle and classy.
- Wear a scarf with green accents and patterns – scarfs are a great way to dress up any outfit.
- Wear green nail polish – it’s soo in right now, especially the darker hunter green colors that aren’t so bright.
EAT GREEN – eating green is always a good idea, but you can get especially creative for this holiday
- Green Mac n’ Cheese – use spinach or pesto in your sauce to get the green effect.
- Green cookies, brownies, cupcakes or ice cream – food coloring can make just about anything green.
- Get healthy with a green veggie platter, or slightly less healthy with fried green tomatoes, fried pickles, fried asparagus or fried green beans. Dip all that in a green avocado dip and you’re good to go!
- Green Broccoli “Pattys” – they taste better than they sound I swear, even your kids will love them! Take some frozen broccoli from the freezer, 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of bread crumbs and 3 eggs. Mix all ingredients together and form into pattys (also a good activity to do with the kids) and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. They are cheesy, healthy and delicious!
LIVE GREEN – reduce, re-use, recycle, that’s what it’s all about
- Reduce your waste by using reusable coffee cups, water bottles and grocery bags whenever possible.
- Buy a house plant – they not only look good, but they provide clean air, increase humidity levels and help remove pollutants from the air.
- Save water with powder detergents – liquid laundry detergents are approximately 80% water and it costs energy and packaging to bring this water to the consumer. Replace liquid detergents with powder detergents.
- Buy food in bulk and buy household products in bulk whenever you can to avoid excess packaging.
Stockngo.com not only offers the best prices on household goods but also offers BULK savings. Buy in BULK, Live GREEN and SAVE more with Stockn’GO.com.
‘20% Off $39 or More + Free Shipping – Site-Wide’
Note-Excludes Buy The Case, Fragrances, Blowout Sale, and Bundle/Pack items.